5.23.2006

A Menagerie of Events

There is good news in the animal world today and contrary to normalcy I want to chat about something happy. Maybe its the skirt I'm wearing. Ha ha

The Penguins of the New Orleans zoo have come home today, just in time for the new hurricane season. They have spent the last few months over in San Francisco. If I were the penguins I probably would have wanted to stay in San Francisco. But now the nineteen birds and two sea lions are home sweet home. Congratulations.

Barbaro is doing nicely, though he still has a fifty-fifty chance of survival. If he does make it, he'll never race again, but word has it he'll get some nice mares as a consolation prize. I wish that horse the best of luck and a speedy recovery. Any horse that wins the Kentucky Derby by several lengths as he did deserves better than a broken leg to start off the Preakness.

That's all the animal stories for today folks. Don't break any legs and steer clear the hurricanes.

Ta

Roman WOLF

No comments:

Lobolius, The Roman Wolf

My photo
Long ago a wolf did howl in the day, as a river flowed and the ocean called. But the wolf lay down by another shore, and then became a tree.