4.26.2006

A tale of two Countries

As I was reading BBC news this morning, I came across an article explaining how Russian President Vladimir Putin had decided to support moving an oil pipeline away from lake Baikal, the largest freshwater lake in the world and home to many rare and endangered species such as the Amur Leopard. I didn't even know there were leopards in Siberia. Tigers, certainly, but not leopards. Then on American news, the fact that George W. Bush planned to ease oil prices by impeding his old adversary, enviromental protection. What sort of world is this? Anyone who wants to know my plan for saving gas money can just skim down to the next blog and read it. That would be a much better idea than destroying the enviroment just so some people can save a few extra bucks. I am young enough that I don't want to be develping asthma or something by thirty because the stupid anti-enviromentalists want to have a cheap SUV. It won't save anything whatsoever. All that will happen is that the air will be smoggier, gas will still be rising in price-China's not going anywhere-and the oil companies get just what they've always wanted. Free rein to destroy our world. Somebody, please, write to your senators. I plan on doing just that, it takes more than a blog to protect the only planet we'll have in the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Lobolius, The Roman Wolf

My photo
Long ago a wolf did howl in the day, as a river flowed and the ocean called. But the wolf lay down by another shore, and then became a tree.