4.03.2006

newspapers, part one of a two part series

Hello Again, whatever folks happen to read this. Few people do, which makes me insignificant. Why, Whoeveryouare asks, are you starting a blog with such self-absorbed pity? There are many blogs for me to read, blogs of Note and Importance and Circumstance! How can I find time to read the blog of some Roman Wolf?
(There's a moral here soon, let me assure you)
Well, that's the situation newspapers are in. People want to read things that seem worth their while, so to find things worth their while reporters have to track down stories that will sell the paper. Whatever sells the paper makes up the contemporary definition of good journalism. Low key as I am, even I have faced that. Seems nobody cares about the Bandy World Cup, although the TV News picked up and carried that story instead of me because the paper didn't bother publishing it. That's the one that gets to me.
Then we come to another aspect of media. Reporters are portrayed in movies as snobby, nosy fools who interfere with people for no good reason. There is always a good reason. But this is Monday and I will cover that tomorrow, I promise. Don't fret, I'll Be BAck.

No comments:

Lobolius, The Roman Wolf

My photo
Long ago a wolf did howl in the day, as a river flowed and the ocean called. But the wolf lay down by another shore, and then became a tree.