4.12.2007

So it goes

Just wish to use a little bit of my power here on the Rant to honor one of my favorite authors of all time.

Kurt Vonnegut Jr, aged 84 at this point in the space time continuum died today.

His stories have delighted and saddened me ever since I first stumbled across his works last year. 'Getting my Vonnegut fix' is a common event for me whenever a visit a library.

If the Trafalmadorians are to be believed, and why shouldn't they be?, then whenever we look at a differant place in time, he will still be there, writing away. And as the author that he was, Vonnegut will always be speaking to his readers, amusing, terrifying them, saddening them with his darkly, cheerfully, moralizing fantasy novels. I know I will be one of those spoken to.

So it goes Mr Vonnegut. So it goes.

Roman Wolf

No comments:

Lobolius, The Roman Wolf

My photo
Long ago a wolf did howl in the day, as a river flowed and the ocean called. But the wolf lay down by another shore, and then became a tree.