12.16.2006

More Campfire Tales

Well, everyone, it seems the Wolf has fallen into an exile of sorts on the web. My local library has been closed until it reopens somewhere else in March, so I have been cast out in search of an alternative library source. I found one, and am happily blogging away as ever.
What to talk about? Nothing political is coming to mind that I have any strong desires to rant about, so how about I resume the story about the young boy by the campfire. If you recall, awhile back I told this tale of a young boy whose mother was telling him campfire stories about the ghost of Bin Laden. I left off with him being told that all was well, and we should hush up our critisicm.
"But mother, I thought we could have free speech. Isn't that what the terrorists hated about us? But we beat them, didn't we mother?"
"We will one day defeat evil my son. Until that day we must all trust to the Lord God above and hope for a brighter day when the nonbelievers are doomed."
"But my teacher told me on Friday that all of us have the same God, and worship him in differant ways, like people climbing a mountain that has many paths but only one summit. If we all have the same God, aren't we all believers? So this war, it is only between people fighting how to climb this mountain, not about which mountain of God is better."
"Wise words son. It is on those wise words that peace may come."
"So why are we fighting people, mother, if we all believe alike?"
The boy's mother hung her head, gazing into the fire. Its flames cackled warmly, invitingly. "I don't know son. Maybe us humans just can't get God's signals right, and keep thinking we know what He said, and are arguing over what the words are, but there is no difference between what is said to us and what is said to them."
The boy thought about it, studying the sparks that snapped above his head. "Then you know what I want to do when I grow up Mommy? I want to tell everyone that we all have the same belief in the same God, and should all learn to listen to what he really says. Doesn't that sound like a good idea mommy?"
"Yes my son. It is a wonderful idea."

Words to bear in mind, all of you out there and about who happen to drop in on me.

Roman Wolf

No comments:

Lobolius, The Roman Wolf

My photo
Long ago a wolf did howl in the day, as a river flowed and the ocean called. But the wolf lay down by another shore, and then became a tree.