8.07.2006

The Bitter Sisters Meet

Greetings from the Library yet again

Well, I now have my hands on Gone With the Wind. In case you are wondering, the main reason why I'm reading a 1037 page book is because I can. Other than that, I don't really have much to talk about today. I simply am here at the library, at a computer, and found myself willing to contact the greater part of this world.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the title of my blog today, though that could possibly have a tie in somewhere within all those pages. The sisters I refer to are the United States and France meeting an agreement on a resolution to end the fighting over in the mideast. Think back, if you would, about three years ago or so. The word French was a swear word, protected from the delicate ears and young minds by such sweet euphomisms as Freedom. Remember? Freedom Fries, Freedom everything. Pardon my freedom, but. . . No french to be heard. Now the old love hate pendelum has swung back not quite to love, but out of hate. That's the place it should be. The United States and France are the two oldest surviving democracies in the world. French writers inspired our founding fathers, French money bought our ticket to freedom. The king who sent soldiers to the Americas against the Brits was destined to die under a guillotine by revolutionaries fighting for democracy. Yet afterwards, relations soured when the young America refused to come to Napolean's aid in Europe because we lacked money, armies and the gusto. (& Conservatives have never liked the French much, they've always perfered the English Speaking Parent Country) So just a little history lesson to consider.

Bye Now

Lobolius

No comments:

Lobolius, The Roman Wolf

My photo
Long ago a wolf did howl in the day, as a river flowed and the ocean called. But the wolf lay down by another shore, and then became a tree.